Now that you have your name and have given your niche and main* target audience some thought, now’s the time to create your personal URL i.e. (www.iblog.com) which you solely own. Once again you have options:
Option 1: You can use a FREE HOSTED PLATFORM
- Wix. Wix’s drag-and-drop system is made with HTML5 in mind. …
- Yola. Yola boasts flexible layouts and no third-party ads. …
- Contentful. Call your content into any design with the Contentful API. …
- Jekyll. Make static sites with Jekyll. …
- WordPress. WordPress is the most popular free blogging platform. …
- Tumblr. …
- Blogger. …
Any of these are perfectly fine to use to create your web address and subsequently host your site with as some are free i.e. wordpress and are created to forfill the very thing you want to create – a blog.
The only downside is the web address which will likely look something like this – ilovecars.wordpress.org.uk
There is nothing wrong with the latter however, I would highly recommend the following – ilovecars.com for professionalism and to keep in line with your chosen brand identity
Who should use Free Blogs?
People who are just curious about blogging and want to try it out, before making a full investment; both financially and productivity.
Option 2: PAID SELF HOSTING
Simply put, you take control over the domain name and the platform you chose to host your site with.
This is the option most bloggers go with at some point during there blogging lifetime, for a host of reasons (no pun intended). Unlike the free platform – your domain name will end in either .co.uk or com and will have the professional feel of a company with a much higher investment than yours.
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAIL!
This is the option I have chosen – with a .com domain and self hosted with a company I can get ahold of when I need to #highlyrecommended
Pros of a self-hosted blog:
You have full control over your blog, including in its layout, search engine optimization, advertising revenue, additional functions, and more.
You can install custom themes to brand your blog.
You have complete access to your backend files, which allows you to make any necessary code changes.
Using a third-party host usually costs only a few dollars per month.
Self Hosting Options
1. Tsohost – Tsohost is recommended for the initial low investment, but most importantly it is recommended to anyone based in the UK or Europe. Tsohost are a UK based company and served all my blogs and domain packages for the past 2 years. I recommend them with a trusted stamp of approval, simply because anyone who’s anyone knows, when you come into any issues with your blog set-up, email, connection or anything eles that can go wrong in the world of the World Wide Web, this company are available to answer your queries withinn your timezone – crucial for peace of mind. Also for a Limited Time Only – you now register a new .UK domain for just £1 – Hurry Whilst this Offer is Still available
2. Bluehost – Bluehost is recommended for the initial and ongoing very Low investment as well as its high trust score and popularity among bloggers and web owners. They do offer a free domain which is likely to have a non-professional domain address, however for a domain of your choice, visit the drop-down at the top marked Hosting and scroll down to domains which will open a domain search bar where you type in the name of your blog and choose the URL you prefer or you could use the free domain search bar below – powered by bluehost. Just Click & Type “Try It”. Bluehost is an ideal hosting service for anyone based in the USA or other countries, but can also service UK residents – the choice is yours.
Other Blog Posts
You, deserve to know the real reason why people don’t make money online. So, I’m here to set the record straight because the only myth you need to take notice of, is the one that claims you can ‘get rich quick online’.
Many people,truly believed that a one hour documentary of people telling you ‘You Can’ if you just believe, was enough to create the life of your dreams? In this guide How To Create A Vision Board In 2020 – That Actually Works, were going to explore the reasons why it hasn’t worked and how you can create a vision board that will manifest for you whilst you sleep!
This is exactly how I have created my YouTube Intro, with absolutely no video editing skills required!